One of the wonderful traditional sub-continent’s recipes, Shahi kheer is a sweet and tasty dessert, equally famous in the people of all age. It is basically a rice pudding prepared by boiling the rice and some great dry fruits in premium quality and pure Milk. Let’s learn how to prepare this delicious recipe at home.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Shahi Kheer
- 1 cup boiled rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio
- sugar 1 cup
- kewra essence
- 1 cup khoya
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- milk powder 1 cup
- 1 litre milk
- almond 1 tablespoon chopped
How to prepare Shahi Kheer?
- Start by adding 1 liter milk in a pot and boil it then add 1 Cup of Sugar with 1 Cup of Boiled Rice and stir with spoon.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of Green Cardamom Powder and stir again then cook at medium flame for about only 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Chopped Almonds and 1 tablespoon of Chopped Pistachio with 1 Cup of Milk Powder and mix all well.
- After that add 1 Cup of Khoya and mix well then cook again for only 10 minutes at medium to low flame.
- Finally, add only few drops of Kewra Essence then turn off the flame. Serve Yummy Shahi Kheer to your friends and family.