Cheese is one of those foods that are delicious and can fill your mouth with water. At the same time Cheese is also one of the best sources for calcium, zinc, phosphorus, riboflavin and very important vitamins like Vitamin A and B12. One more amazing thing about Cheese you should now is that it contains omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin K-2. Therefore only eating Cheese is itself a very healthy diet.
- Time required for Homemade Cheese: 15 minutes
- Serving: 3-4
Ingredients for Homemade Cheese:
- ½ gallon of milk
- salt to taste
- vinegar ½ cup
How to prepare Homemade Cheese?
- First start by taking a pot then add ½ gallon of milk in it and heat it till reaches 120 degrees Fahrenheit. In other words heat it till your finger can no longer tolerate its heat.
- Now turn off the flame and make sure that you turn off flame after the milk reaches this temperature of 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After that, add ½ cup of vinegar in it then stir it with the help of a spoon. Make sure that you stir it well otherwise you will ruin the recipe.
- It’s time for you to cover the lid of your pot so that the heat won’t go away outside from our milk. Leave it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- After 4 to 5 minutes you will see that it changes its shape and this is what we want a soft curd. Scoop it all now from your liquid.
- Now turn this soft curd again and again with the help of a spoon and you will see soon how this curd is turning into a great cheese.
- Turn on the flame again and keep it at very low then add some salt into the liquid. You can add salt as much as you like. It’s totally up to you.
- Now put the cheese back in the liquid. In this way the flavor of salt will reach your cheese then turn it again with the spoon.
- When you see that your cheese stretchiness is very good now then again put it back in the liquid to get the enough stretchiness.
- Make sure that you don’t overdo it otherwise it will become tough and impossible to melt. Finally serve it with whatever you like because your awesome Homemade Cheese is now ready.