Gol Gapay Chaat also known as Pani Puri in India is very popular in Pakistan as well as India. Gol Gapay Chaat not only tastes good but it is also good for your health. But the people trying to lose weight should avoid eating them too much.
- Time required for Gol Gapay Chaat: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2-3
Ingredients for Gol Gapay Chaat:
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 dozen gol gapay
- ½ cup tamarind paste
- salt to taste
- boiled chickpeas 2 cups
- sugar 2 tablespoons
- boiled potatoes cut into cubes
- ½ kg yogurt
- chaat masala 2 tablespoons
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons coriander
- ½ cup sev
- 2 sliced green chilies
How to prepare Gol Gapay Chaat?
- Start by picking about 1 dozen gol gapay then place them all in a plate and make holes with help of a finger for filling.
- Now take ½ cup of tamarind paste add 1 tablespoon of cumin with 2 tablespoons of sugar and salt according to your own taste.
- Mix it all very well with the help of a spoon then take 2 cups of chickpeas. Make sure that you boil these chickpeas before adding them in your gol gapas.
- After that, start adding them in your gol gapas but do not add too much chickpeas in each gol gapa or it will taste bad.
- Now take some potatoes and boil them all then cut each into cubes. Add all these potato cubes in your gol gapas.
- Follow the same rule you follow when you were adding chickpeas. Do not add too many of them in each otherwise it will be bad.
- Now ½ cup of sev on all of your gol gapas then start adding the mixture you make earlier of tamarind paste.
- Add your tamarind paste mixture in your gol gapas with great care adding too many will cause them to break.
- Now take ½ kg of yogurt and add it in all of your gol gapas with great care so that it will taste yummy & delicious.
- Take a large onion then chop it and sprinkle on your gol gapas with 3 tablespoons of coriander. Sprinkle 2 green chilies also after slicing them.
- Finally sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chaat masala on your gol gapas and your awesome recipe of Gol Gapay Chaat is ready to server.