Aloo Curry is one of the recipes that tastes great. Moreover very simple & easy to cook. It is spicy, delicious and it’s smell can make anyone’s mouth watery.
- Time required for Aloo Curry: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4-5
Ingredients for Aloo Curry:
- 500 grams medium sized boiled potatoes
- 2 green chillies
- pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- kashmiri chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- crushed kasuri methi 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped
- oil 3 tablespoons
How to prepare Aloo Curry?
- Take 500 grams of potatoes then place them all in a pressure cooker. Add ½ teaspoon of salt then close the lid.
- After closing the lid of cooker let them cook for about 2 whistles. Now mash these potatoes roughly with hands.
- Take a kadhai then add 3 tablespoons of oil in it. Heat the oil then add a pinch of asafetida with 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Now mix them well with the help of a spoon. Take 2 green chilies and add them in these ingredients after slicing each from the center.
- After that, Mix again with help of a spoon and add 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri chili powder with the potatoes you mashed earlier.
- Once again mix ingredients with the help of a spoon and make sure that you coat all these mashed potatoes well.
- Now add 2 cups of water then mix just for few seconds and let it boil. Once it starts boiling add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add 1 teaspoon of kasuri methi with only 1 teaspoon of salt. Now add ½ teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- After that, add 1 teaspoon of chaat masala and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes. Don’t be hasty otherwise you may not get what you want.
- Finally garnish it with 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves. Your delicious Aloo Curry is now all set.